View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Baba Louie

As I understand things, for some citizens, the '94 AWB is still a real and valid issue. NY IIRC, CA with their own strange laws still have bans of this or that. I do believe some elected officials were impacted soon thereafter being forced to find new employment elsewhere.

The prices of magazines holding more than 10 rds went thru the roof, a few rifles were modified eliminating bayonet lugs and flash hiders, pistol grips morphed into strange thumbhole stocks... that sorta thing.

I think everyone learned from that experiment, both pro and con.

I see no need for fear or anxiety. Things are what they are. Of course, it's always nice to head em off at the pass when you can and it may be said that gun owners re-learned the Plato quote
Quote:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.04425 seconds with 7 queries