View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 08:18 AM   #34
Magnum Wheel Man
Mocked up my design of the gun racks, just using pine construction lumber, & cheap hardware store Chinese dowels... the design works awesome, I cut 1/2" dowels in 4" lengths, & can slip them into one of the holes in the 2 rows of holes drilled 2" apart, ( the rows are staggered, so I have 1" of adjustment between both rows of holes ) I currently have my smallest bolt action ( a lil 12 Mach 2 ) a medium bolt action ( my custom Remington 700 in 17 Fireball ) & my biggest bolt action ( a custion 416 Rigby ) ... no scope on the Rigby yet, 4-12 power on the 17 Fireball, 2-7 power on the Mach 2... my CAS exposed hammer, double barrel shotgun, My lever action 45 Colt, & a single shot .410 all hanging on the same rack, with level barrels, & even spacing between them all... I'm totally happy with that design, & am going to start on 3 pairs for the walls, out of matching lumber to my paneling...

the handgun rack was the same design, but done on a 2 X 6 instead of a pair of 2 X 4's... I can get everything to hang from my lil Taurus TCP, to my long cylinder Dan Wesson 357 Maximum ... not sure if an X frame Smith would work, but we'll see later, when I actually buy an X frame... some of the more challenging to hang & display are the autos... I'm using 2 dowels in the same row, one in the trigger guard, & one over the slide, & so far that seems to work well on everything I've tried... my big bore snubbie revolvers are a challenge the Ruger Alaskan wants to flip over if I hang it from the front of the trigger guard, but if I go behind the trigger it'll hang fine... my 45 Colt single action snubbie the barrel barely makes it to the other row, but works... I may have to make a special rack out of the 2 X 4 for my antique pocket revolvers...

but I finally have guns hanging from the walls... albeit on mocked up racks... but I'm really happy with how things are working out
In life you either make dust or eat dust...
Page generated in 0.06758 seconds with 7 queries