View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 06:02 AM   #41
seeker_two

Quote:
The question we're discussing isn't what to train with. You asked what we thought of the .22 lr as a self defense round. Not what we think of it as a training round. My opinion is that there are better rounds for self defense than the 22 and I don't recommend it for that purpose unless a person has nothing else, can't afford anything else or if a physical condition necessitates it.
I don't disagree at all....esp. with everything after "unless". I'm just stating that the .22lr pistol may have some utility as a SD platform that hasn't been considered before now. And I definitely do not see the .22lr as ineffective....you have even made statements to that effect. I think our main disagreement is "What do I feel comfortable with in a SD pistol?" At that point, each person makes their own choice.....and it appears that you & I have made ours.

Quote:
Now you asked for people's opinions. You have them. You can see their reasoning. You're under no obligation to agree with it. Do different if you want to.
And I have thoroughly enjoyed all the discussion on this matter. Thank you. Be well.

Page generated in 0.04968 seconds with 7 queries