View Single Post
Old November 4, 2012, 08:12 AM   #19
Doc Hoy
This is a pretty good thread....

....I don't really have anything of substance to add, but not having anything to say, never impeded me from talking. (I brush my teeth with 777 so I can shoot off my mouth.)

I like that Navy London.

I have an Uberti Cattleman cap and ball and a Pietta equivalent, cap and ball and there is very little difference in the two revolvers. Pietta new was a hundred bucks less and I think the quality of Uberti over Pietta does not warrant the price. I also have an Uberti cattleman in .45 Long Colt and it is nearly identical to the Cap and Ball pistol.

Please note that I am only a casual shooter and many on the forum who shoot more than I do might see a difference that I am unable to detect.

An additional consideration is that the folks who take revolvers and smooth them up post manufacture seem to like Uberti's (witness Cimarron). I am not sophistocated enough to know why that is, but it may be an artifact of days gone by when there was a more pronounced difference in quality.

I'm just sayin....

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson
Page generated in 0.04467 seconds with 7 queries