View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 03:27 PM   #6
PH/CIB

I used to hunt with a Redfield Widefield scope years ago and a Leupold 1.5x5 power riflescope, my thinking was to leave the scope on 1.5 power for that close range shot at a coyote or deer or elk and crank the power up to 5 power for the longer range shots.

That old Leupold scope I still have and it has a field of view at 100 yards of 65 feet.

Today I would not buy a 1 to 4 power scope without a field of view at 100 yards of 90 to 100 feet and my Swaroski 1 x6 power scope has a field of view at 100 yards of 127 feet and is on 1 power like looking through a picture window on top of my rifle.

The only other scope that I know of that has a wider field of view is the IOR Pitbull 1 or 4 power rifle scope that has a field of view at 100 yards of 144 feet, I have shot one on one of my Buddies AR rifles.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.06146 seconds with 7 queries