View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 02:44 PM   #29
PH/CIB

"Perhaps suggest they lose the Stingers and use 40 grain solids. Less noise and flash, with more penetration." Quote by Elmer

Roger that Elmer. The gals had tried a variety of 22 ammo through the Ruger SR22 and even though Ruger claims it will function reliably with all ammo, they claimed CCI Stingers were the most reliable.

I just use Federal Valu Pack and I prefer 22 long rifle ammo in the 1200 fps range but I do not use 22 long rifle for self defense. By the way Federal Value pack is 4 cents a round and Stingers are 13 cents a round.

Since the gals wanted the CCI Stingers I looked at probably a dozen ammo sites for them and they were out or backordered, finally found them at Cabelas for $65 for 500 rounds and ordered 4000 rounds.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.04372 seconds with 7 queries