View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 08:00 PM   #75
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
I have to say....I know there are a TON of AK-47 and AR-15 owners spread across the country but if that was the one and only law put into place that infringed on 2A but silenced the anti-gun people out there.....how compliant would everyone be? The obvious response is OVER MY DEAD BODY. But is there a single intelligent response to the contrary?
How do you know this? I don't mean to sound confrontational, but it appears that you "know" something that is, in fact, impossible. AK-47s are full-auto assault weapons and are not legal in the United States. On the other side of your argument, AR-15s are NOT full-auto or select fire, are NOT assault weapons, and are NOT what our military is using. (The military uses M16 rifles and M4 carbines, both of which are either full-auto or select fire.) There is no functional difference between an AR-15 and a Ruger Mini-14 or ranch Rifle. The fact that there are a "ton" of AR-15 owners around the country is like saying there are a ton of .30-30 owners or a ton of deer hunters around the country.

You appear to have allowed the Brady bunch's disinformation obscure the facts in your understanding of what is and what ISN'T an "assault weapon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StailessSteel215
...there is a large population of folks out there who have either been stripped of their gun rights already or simply dont believe in guns...and want you to give up your assault weapons because they think it could kill 10x as many innocent people as a pistol.
I don't own any assault weapons, and I can't afford any NFA firearms. I doubt that you own any assault weapons, either. However, I do own an entry-level AR-15. It was bought during the Federal AWB period. It is not, in any functional way, an "assault weapon" or an "assault rifle." Would YOU consider it to be an assault weapon just because it looks like an AR-15 ... even though it was expressly legal under the Federal law that prohibited the purchase of anything even vaguely hinting at being a (so-called) assault weapon?

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; November 2, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.04560 seconds with 7 queries