My first real gun purchase for a number of reasons that you mentiona also.
1. hammer fired - I like it better to practice at home. Striker fired are just not the same.
2. looks - i just liked it
3. gun fit - with the adjustable straps, perfect.
4. polymer - light weight
5. capacity - my 9mm full size is 17 rounds i believe.
6. reliable - no problems although might only have 600 rounds or so.
7. safety - DO and safety was on my list at time.
Overal a great gun and still one of my favorite guns period.