Thread: Federal .22LR
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 08:28 PM   #7
What Will Terry said - marketing for two different vendors.

As for reliability that stuff is what I buy from Wal-Mart by the shopping cart full (ok not really that much, more like a half a shopping cart full - really!) and my family goes through a LOT of it.

Between my kids, my wife and myself we go through at least 5k rounds every time we take a family trip to the range (once a week). My kids love blasting away at the reactive targets I put out at 25, 50 and 75 yards for them and my wife runs through a ton of them in her 1911 with the .22lr conversion. My kids use a 10/22, an AR with a CMMG .22lr upper, a Rossi break action single shot .22lr and a Ruger Single Six revolver. I like to sit there and try to blow up soda cans at 200 yards (which often ends up using up a lot of ammo because I haven't quite learned how to consistently judge wind with a .22lr yet.)

Aside from that I go to the range twice a week outside of family day. When I'm out there I'll run a bunch through my AR with the .22lr upper and also through the 1911 with the .22lr conversion. I'd estimate that to be another couple thousand rounds.

Anyway I do experience a failure to ignite once in a while - maybe once or twice a week. Frankly one or two failures to ignite in those many guns with that many rounds being fired is pretty darned good for me.
This is who we are, what we do.
Page generated in 0.03368 seconds with 7 queries