View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 09:48 AM   #31
Magnum Wheel Man
haven't got a dollar in my pocket, but I bought 8 more paneling boards, & can now finish the whole corner ammo bench... it should be finished by day's end, except for foam & seat cover... I have a display board I'm doing for my pocket & wrist watch collection, thinking royal blue or deep red fabric ( satin, minki, or velvet ) cover over plywood, then brass hooks to hang everything... waiting on MRS to get me the fabric... once I decide / get that fabric, I'll do matching vinyl on the bench cushions...

I'm at the point of getting ready to starting to apply a finish to the paneling... right now I'm thinking water based clear urethane ( less smell... spray painting ( white ) the exposed parts of the I beams about killed me with the smell & fumes, as I won't have all the exhaust / air inlets functioning till next spring )... but I'm open for suggestions on finish, as long as it's both very clear, & low odor... thinking semi gloss in the water based urethane... that stuff is right around $50.00 a gallon, but will look nice, won't add any color to my natural looking wood... sounds like it's not quite as durabile as oil based, but less smell, & easier clean up... once the walls are finished as far as I've gotten, I can look at starting to hang my 1st guns...

where I've gotten to with the paneling, is to the edge of my loading bench area, so I can get several guns hung up, without adding any more wood... I do have to finish paneling this wall & around the next corner 30" or so, so I can start my loading bench... thinking good solid wood, with a stainless steel bench top... I have 6 outlets around the bench, 3 above, & 3 below... the dehumidifier & the sump pump, are both under where the bench will be...

any problems you guys could think of using the water based urethane ???
In life you either make dust or eat dust...
Page generated in 0.06996 seconds with 7 queries