View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 07:58 AM   #39
Loronzo

I have a Crimson Trace on my primary carry pistol (Springfield XD Subcompact .40) As someone else mentioned, I too have large hands and the shape of it actually helps me grip the pistol more securely. When I practice at the range I primarily use the night sights. I leave my CT on at all times so all I have to do is squeeze the grip and it activates (button is where my middle finger rests on the grip) Since I have no problems aiming without it I see it as a useful aid should I actually need the pistol in a self defense situation. We can't plan for every situation that may arise but its useful to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If nothing else it may play a role in comfirmation of shot placement in a high stress situation, or give me an "O Snap! There's a red laser in my eyes!" advantage. My only qualm with it is that I'm left handed and the laser rests on the right side of the pistol so IWB is marginally more uncomfortable due to the slight bump but nothing a good holster didn't fix.

Page generated in 0.04152 seconds with 7 queries