View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Webleymkv

Quote:
As you all know, when the slide is back after empty, you can pull back while pressing the slide lock and it should release. It was barely moving then catching the tiny corner of the slide lock mechanism.
The reason it wouldn't move far enough to clear the slide is because you're fighting directly against the tension of the magazine spring. The fact that the slide releases easily with a loaded magazine, no magazine, or the flush-fit magazine should tell you that the issue is not something in the gun, but rather something to do with that one particular magazine. As I said before, however, there's no reason that you should have to release the slide with an empty magazine in place so it's a non-issue.

Quote:
Just to be clear, I wasn't 'filing' on my gun. It was sandpaper to just smooth it out and round the corner. It barely even did anything to it.
Whether it's a file, sandpaper, emery cloth, bench grinder, India stone, or rag with rubbing compound, it's still an abrasive material that's removing metal. Firearm parts are usually designed to operate with a certain geometry and smoothing or rounding corners changes that geometry. The fact is S&W has trained gunsmiths and will not only rectify whatever problems your gun may have for free, but also pay for the shipping both ways. Because of this, there's really no good reason for you to file, sand, grind, polish, stone, or do anything else to the slide stop. As I said before, if you think that there's something wrong with you gun, just give S&W a call and they will take care of you.

Page generated in 0.04466 seconds with 7 queries