View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Metal god

Quote:
In his chart comparing various cartridges, his choices were not consistent. While he used the best bullet balisticly for some (the 6mm through 7 mm), others that were OK, but not the best (168 in .308) and pretty far from the best in others (180gr in the 300 magnums is pretty poor, the heavier AMAX is a full .1 higher, and he 240 matchking is about .2 higher) Yeah, he was showing how to compare, but it is important to compare apples to apples, and he should have at least mentioned that.
I think he was just showing us how to put a chart together and how to use it . He did say we would need to work up our own chart with the critteria most inportant to us . There were a few things i'd like to have seen with all the info his chart had . Like the 338 win mag

Quote:
Does any non custom rifle come with a twist fast enough
You are so right . After watching the videos , I put together some numbers of what I'd like for a long range rifle and went online to look for it . It does not exist at least not that I could find . 7mm mag ,24' heavy fluted barrel or just heavy , 1-8 twist . Howa is supposed to be coming out with fluted barrels for there 1500 series. Cals to include 270 , 30-06 , 7mm mag , 300 win mag , 223 , 308 . I can't wait to see if they will come in different barrel lengths and what the twist rates will be

It's not everybody that has the problem

Page generated in 0.04323 seconds with 7 queries