Thread: AR Virgin
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Metal god
Hey whats up .

I'm no expert but I'll give this a try but Im going to stop typing in 10 min .

Lets start with mil-spec . This stands for military spesifications and generally speaking thats a good thing .

Things you would like to be mil-spec .
upper and lower receiver ,
BCG (bolt carrier group ) The gas key is part of the BCG .
I did not put barrel here cus a mil-spec barrel has a specific contour ( shape ) twist rate and are chrome lined . the military has very specific reasons for these thing and they are not really necessary for civilian use .

Forged - Is a good thing and a must for your receivers IMO

Magnetic Particle Inspected ( MPI ) is a nondestructive test to determine the existence and extent of macrodefects such as cracks in ferromagnetic materials; discontinuities in the material create variations of magnetic field which are outlined by fine magnetic particles. Also known as magnetic crack detection.

What do you want MPI

Chrome lined - Chrome Lining is a process where chrome is 'welded' to the steel . This produces a coating that is twice as hard as the steel itself. It prevents corrosion, makes cleaning much easier, and extends the life of the metal .

Chrome lining is almost always a good thing . Some people do not want the bore chrome lined cus it reduces accuracy
As of this date 8-18-14 at 6:42am I became a proud grandfather I guess I'm officially old

Page generated in 0.04052 seconds with 7 queries