Thread: AR Virgin
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Metal god

Hey whats up .

I'm no expert but I'll give this a try but Im going to stop typing in 10 min .

Lets start with mil-spec . This stands for military spesifications and generally speaking thats a good thing .

Things you would like to be mil-spec .
upper and lower receiver ,
BCG (bolt carrier group ) The gas key is part of the BCG .
I did not put barrel here cus a mil-spec barrel has a specific contour ( shape ) twist rate and are chrome lined . the military has very specific reasons for these thing and they are not really necessary for civilian use .

Forged - Is a good thing and a must for your receivers IMO

Magnetic Particle Inspected ( MPI ) is a nondestructive test to determine the existence and extent of macrodefects such as cracks in ferromagnetic materials; discontinuities in the material create variations of magnetic field which are outlined by fine magnetic particles. Also known as magnetic crack detection.

What do you want MPI
barrel
BCG

Chrome lined - Chrome Lining is a process where chrome is 'welded' to the steel . This produces a coating that is twice as hard as the steel itself. It prevents corrosion, makes cleaning much easier, and extends the life of the metal .

Chrome lining is almost always a good thing . Some people do not want the bore chrome lined cus it reduces accuracy
As of this date 8-18-14 at 6:42am I became a proud grandfather I guess I'm officially old

Page generated in 0.04896 seconds with 7 queries