Thread: AR Virgin
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1
presence

AR Virgin

alright, well im still looking for my first AR. running into lots of terms and verbage that i know nothing about. found this ad on my local armslist... now im not saying i necessarily want this gun, but maybe if some nice, knowledgable, patient AR guru has about 10 extra minutes to waste, they can give me a run-down of what all this means...

Palmetto State Armory Upper and charging handle and Core 15 bolt carry group, and the New Frontier Armory LW-15 lower. I took out the gut's out and put in PSA metal part's old gut's come with the gun.
Upper details
Barrel: 16" Chrome-lined, chrome moly vanadium. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. The M4 profile barrel is magnetic particle inspected and then phosphate coated to mil-specs. Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider.
Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring M4 feedramp cuts, T-marks, but no logo, these upper receivers are made right here in the USA.
Core 15 BCG details
Magnetic Particle Inspected Bolt (MPI)
Mil-spec Carpenter158® steel bolt
M16 Chrome Lined 8620 Steel Carrier
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specs
Gas Key Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
Mil-spec Staked Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor Upgrade
Extractor Spring
Charging handle details
Forged T7075 charging handle. Manufactured to mil-specs.
Comes with one mag, MOE forarm, box
No sight

my apologies in advance for being so needy.
thanks!

Page generated in 0.05485 seconds with 7 queries