Thread: Bad Practice!
View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 12:02 AM   #36
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo roy
...My purpose for carrying is not to show off my hobby, nor for work. It's only for protection and I practice according to what I feel would work for me and what's in my comfort zone...
Well some of those of us who have sought out and gotten training also carry for personal protection, not to show off (and I carry whenever I legally can, mostly my visits to Nevada and Arizona). And you are free to make your own decision, but that doesn't mean that your decision will necessarily be helpful to anyone else.

And --
  • If we wind up in a violent confrontation, we can't know ahead of time what will happen and how it will happen. And thus we can't know ahead of time what we will need to be able to do to solve our problem.

• If we find ourselves in a violent confrontation, we will respond with whatever skills we have available at the time. That might be good enough, or it might not be.

• The more we can do, and the better we can do it, the more likely we'll be to be able to respond appropriately and effectively. The more we can do, and the better we can do it, the luckier we'll be.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 7 queries