View Single Post
Old October 10, 2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man
what cartridges have you become disenchanted with over the years ???

this is kinda the anti "who loves the 357" thread for me, as it, & the 9mm are both cartridges I've kinda pulled away from...

I understand they are both wonderfull cartridges so it's just me ( sounds like we're breaking up )

when I 1st was getting into guns ( I think my FIL was grooming me to take over his collection ) I bought one ( the most versitile handgun & rifle ) with the intention that I could borrow what ever I needed from my FIL... ( I think he knew I'd get addicted... but that's how I started )... my handgun was a 4" stainless GP-100 & I still think I'd pick it as the most versitile handgun I own, but since I started carrying it around the farm, & have shot alot of farm varmints over the years, I've not been impressed with how it stopped woodchucks, racoons, opposums, etc... ( I found the light faster bullets planted them better than the standard 158's )... after that phase, I was carry a "9" & it was no better... so over the years I've lost interest in both those cartridges... I still shoot them, ( infact have several guns chambered for both cartridges, I just don't shoot them as much as I used to ) I still think they are viable, just not as much for me...

so the point of my thread, any cartridges that you don't feel lived up to "your" expectations ???
In life you either make dust or eat dust...
Page generated in 0.03614 seconds with 7 queries