Thread: 223 Limit
View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 03:53 AM   #23
10-96

Once you find that one special load that just works for you in such a way that you really don't see any reason to look further- it'll stick in your memory. Even though that recipe is stuck for me, I still go back and verify my lil black book before I start the process.

I've always wondered about that max load (even if I couldn't remember what it was exactly). With my brass, the powder collumn usually ends up in the bottm 1/3 of the neck. What I wonder is, what kind of tamping and stomping would it require to get all of those 27.8grs down in that sucker??? Talk about a heavy compression!

And, I wonder how safe it would be to get anywhere close to that? Once I started working up from about 10% above minimum and found a load that gave me sub 1/2" groups- I didn't even try to go any further.

I'm going to use the words "clip" and "Long Colt" every chance I get. It grinds my gears to see new members attacked when we all know dang good and well what's being refered to.

Page generated in 0.04165 seconds with 7 queries