View Single Post
Old October 6, 2012, 03:10 PM   #54
Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBid View Post
Regarding the PPQ or P99 for concealed carry:

I tend to advocate finding something you can *always* carry, first. Once you have that covered, finding alternative options for cold weather can be fun.

The PPQ and P99AS are slightly larger than a Glock 19. As much as I love them, they are a little chunky for year-round carry. With heavy clothes, it's considerably easier. If you wear heavy clothing often, these are great options. Still, I wouldn't carry my PPQ every day. My SR9c is considerably more comfortable to pack.
This is true. Just put back my PPQ and been carrying the G19 for a few days. The PPQ is definitely more on the hefty side. Nothing wrong with that. I carry my 226 and G21. Before I put them side by side (the PPQ and G19) I was under the notion they were the same size.

The reason I went with the PPQ was because of the magazine release being impossible to engage when CC-ing. However my Gen 4 Glock 19 has an almost flush with the grip mag release and I'm fine with it. Never accidentally engaged it before like I have with others that ride on my 4:00.

SIG 1911 XO / SA 1911 custom / Colt Gold Cup / Colt 70 Series / SIG P226 e2 / Browning High-power / Walther PPQ / G34 / G19 / G21 / G22 / S&W M-19 / Hk USP 40 / Rem 870 / Rock R. AR-15

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII

Page generated in 0.05116 seconds with 7 queries