View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 09:00 PM   #22
.45 Aficianado

Warningshot: I have other .45s among those you suggested, but none offer any model as small as the AMT Backup. Bond derringers come in .45s, but I want more than two shots.

Skans: I agree. I've also done my online homework.

Sulaco2: I can't speak to your info regarding reassembled parts. My gun does have a recent serial number as above, and the gun was represented to be "new" from the manufacturer. I also would not call the new finish as "mirror". You've seen the pictures above, maybe "rust resistant"? I guess if one is looking for stainless - they'd have to go elsewhere. Working in a humid environment - this is probably the way to go if the gun is next to sweat and moisture. I too have found the recoil guide rod not "finished". In fact, you can still see the lathe grooves in it. It looks more of a bronze color than stainless (maybe oxidized?), and feels very rough to the touch. Regarding the .40 cal anything, they are underpowered when it comes to the man-stopper .45. The AMT .45 Backup feels great in my ankle holster, or pocket holster, and I would rather have my Kimber .45 Ultra Carry II on my belt. Glocks are polymer and oversized as is the Kahr p45 for my purpose (see attached comparison size URL).

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Page generated in 0.04559 seconds with 7 queries