View Single Post
Old September 29, 2012, 02:45 AM   #12
Lost Sheep

Doesn't the Single Ten come with a 22 Magnum cylinder? That means you can run from 22 BBCap, 22 Zimmer, all the way up to 22 magnum.

edit: the Single Six has 6-shot cylinders in 22 and 22 magnum. Posts 14 and 20 inform me the Single 10 and Single 9 do not have interchangeable cylinders. Thanks, meanmachine1961 and TennJed. I have wanted a 10-shot 22 revolver but purposely avoided researching the Single 10 because once I have seen it, I know I will have budgetary cramps until I get it. I don't look forward to that.

I also own 3 Mark II and one Single Six and find accuracy comparable between the two types, except for my Mark II with the 10" Bull Barrel, which shoots like a rifle. But my 6" Dan Wesson 22 outshoots them and ties with the 10".

The stripping of the semi-auto is not that hard. Reassembly is always like putting together a puzzle. So, votes for the revolver.

Reloading during plinking sessions, hands down, the semi-auto, especially with the "Cliploader" tool I have. I can fill a magazine faster than I can shoot. Literally. So, unless you are on an ammunition diet, the semi.

I agree with TennJed. Old revolver technology just CAN, and very well, too. I suspect either the clerk was pushing inventory or has bought into the semi-auto hype and "THINKS" (the quotes are deliberate, because this is obviously is not thinking, but parroting) he has something to contribute to your purchasing decision.

Lost Sheep

Last edited by Lost Sheep; September 29, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.04361 seconds with 7 queries