View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 12:31 AM   #17
XtremeRevolution

marine6680: You've given me a lot to think about.

For some reason, I'm a bit turned off to polymer designs. I'm not sure why. What's the expected longevity on a poly framed pistol? My understanding is that the frame itself can absorb a bit more shock than steel, which will make for more comfortable shooting. That, and the lighter material makes it more comfortable to carry around; something I'm not too concerned with. I'm just wondering if something like that might feel a bit cheap after a while.

The CZ75 SP-01 looks like a great handgun. I like the look of it, and it does look like it would be rather comfortable. This is one I'll definitely remember to look out for.

The Springfield XD & XDM and Sig sp2022 are also polymer framed. Still not sure what to think about that.

The Beretta 92 looks pretty nice. I think if the 1911 is not a particularly good choice for a beginner's handgun, this would be a good alternative. I wouldn't be one to let something like this go unmaintained.

What kind of finicky or picky issues are you referring to with the 1911? Are those focused on certain manufacturers, or on the design itself?

DaleA: if I do end up taking a class (which I hope to), I will certainly ask as many questions as I can.

Any comments on the "Baby Desert Eagle 9mm?"

Last edited by XtremeRevolution; September 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.04341 seconds with 7 queries