View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by North East Redneck
UPS, not so good IMO. Ship USPS. No problems there. And as far as 'what's in the box' questions, firearms of any type are subject to theft. I would never say that a gun is being shipped. (Not saying you should violate any law), but if your actions are legal, why reveal to a stranger that a weapon is being shipped? The 'machine parts' reply is perfect. It is the truth, and keeps the nature of the contents of the package safe. Just my .02.
For starters, it would help to be certain that your actions are legal. I'm not certain how or if UPS rules apply to black powder replicas, but I DO know that the same Federal law that says handguns cannot be shipped USPS and must be shipped by common carrier also stipulates explicitly that the carrier must be informed that the package contains a firearm.

So call it "machine parts" if you wish, but if you do you not only violate UPS or FedEx rules (which could invalidate any insurance you paid for), it also violates Federal law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATFE FAQ
Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Page generated in 0.04538 seconds with 7 queries