View Single Post
Old September 22, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2
jmr40

Cheaper scopes don't hold up as well this is true. But you have to drop down well below the Buckmaster before you will have major issues. The Buckmaster is not a high end scope, but is still a solid scope I'd trust.

With some scopes you might see very minor changes in impact as you change powers. But we're talking very minor differences. I was discussing this with another poster months ago who complaned about brand X scope changing his point of impact when he changed from 9X down to 3X. When we did the math on it there was a difference of about 1/4" at 100 yards. Less than the diameter of most big game hunting bullets.

My solution was this. Zero the scope at the highest power. At close ranges I only use the lowest power setting and 1/4" difference at close range isn't a factor. At anything over 100 yards I'd pass right over all the intermediate settings and go straight to the highest power where it was zeroed.

I've NEVER heard of a scope losing its zero because of changing magnification. Only very slight differences at different power settings.

Page generated in 0.05277 seconds with 7 queries