View Single Post
Old September 22, 2012, 08:22 AM   #29
Webleymkv

Quote:
Webley, the ILS does nothing to prevent the theft of the gun itself from your vehicle.

For that, I have a Console Vault with combo lock in my truck, and portable lockboxes that cable lock to seat frames or trunk hinges if traveling and using rental cars.
The ILS does, however, prevent or at least make more difficult unauthorized use of the gun. As I noted before, there are certainly other devices that can be used to secure a handgun, but the ILS key is smaller, lighter, and more convenient to carry than most of them and doesn't cost anything extra.

Quote:
As far as Maryland goes, their gun laws are a major reason I have never sought employment in Maryland. Seems to me this is true of those states that I think require such devices, in general (NY, CA, MA...)
I don't much care for the gun laws of Maryland (or the other states you mentioned) either and prefer to live elsewhere. However, not everyone is fortunate enough to choose which state they live in and, if I had to live in Maryland for one reason or another, it would be nice to know that I could legally buy a new S&W revolver if I wanted to.

Quote:
The group-think that decides such a lock should be mandatory is a symptom of a greater problem.
Agreed.

Quote:
And, aside from aesthetics, and added (though minimal) risk with no corresponding gain (for me), I resent the locks because such PC group-think lies at the root of the locks' origins. They symbolize something I detest.
Rather than resent S&W or the lock itself, I resent the people who made it necessary to begin with. Specifically, I resent Tomkins PLC and Bill Clinton for dragging the name of one of the greatest American gun companies through the mud and opening the door for the locks to become an issue in the first place. As you yourself pointed out, the lock is a symptom of a greater problem.

Page generated in 0.04551 seconds with 7 queries