View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 11:12 AM   #24
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgludwig
Okay, and not to quibble, but after informing my friend of your answer, he posed this question "What if the family member buyer purchased the gun with his own money but was partially reimbursed by family member receipient for the 'gift'?" .... (so that, in the end, in this scenario I would have paid for half of the purchase price and he the other half) would this still constitute a straw purchase? And would it make a difference if we both knew in advance that he would end up paying for half the total price of the firearm?...
Let's not get into these "wink-wink/nudge-nudge" scenarios. There's no good answer to this sort of question.

We've basically outlined federal law on the question, at some point, a person will need to decide for himself or consult a lawyer for actual legal advice.

I think we're done here.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04079 seconds with 7 queries