View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 06:55 PM   #15
buck460XVR

How many times have we all heard this phrase.....

Quote:
“Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it.”
.....and for good reason. I too like to shoot a variety of guns at the range, but the ones I'm most accurate with are the ones I shoot the most. I tend to stick to Smith revolvers because they just feel the best in my hands. Maybe it's just the familiarity. All my L,N and X frames wear the same grips and feel similar in my hands, and I like it that way. While the 1911s feel good in my hands, and I've had them for years and shot thousands of rounds thru them, they just don't feel like an old friend, like the smiths. Being a tradesman most of my life, I have tons of tools. Guns to me are just another tool, While I have 4 or 5 quality hammers in my arsenal, I have used the same Estwing for 8-10 hours a day for the last 35 years. I actually have two others just like it, but even in the dark with my eyes closed, I can tell them apart just by pickin' them up. For the last 20 years I have been mostly doing trim work and building custom mantels and casework. And I still use the 22 oz straight claw, cause it don't miss.

Page generated in 0.04728 seconds with 7 queries