Thread: Old Cow
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Old Cow

I killed my 1st Elk last week during the Colorado Muzzleloader season.

Because of 2 day's of rain I was running very low on B P as I had to change my load more than usual and that my powder flask wasn't in camp so after dropping the Cow I had to use the powder in my priming tool to reload for the finishing off shot. One thing nice about that was I knew I had to close my pan cover (frizzen) and the pan self primed.
While waiting for the packs, I boned out one side and then went for the shinny white teeth to find that there was only 1 tooth in the old girl's mouth . Well she had incizers, but no molars.
When my help arrived we started bagging and the milk bags pulled loose and became un-attached.
We then had 3/4 mile hump down to camp and being I put her down at 6pm it was getting real dark in the timber. About 1/3 of the way to camp we run across a couple hunters on horses and here its the local Warden and a friend coming in from a evening hunt.
Well he stops in our camp and checks everything out and has some questions about the sex evidence that's not attached. After confirming that I did know the bags should be attached he let me off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010069-1.jpg (175.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg P1010073-1.jpg (183.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg P1010071-1.jpg (173.9 KB, 83 views)
For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, But to us who are being saved, It Is The Power Of God. 1Corinthians 1-18
Page generated in 0.04438 seconds with 8 queries