View Single Post
Old September 16, 2012, 04:00 PM   #9
dacaur
Senior Member
 
Join Date: March 16, 2010
Posts: 733
my guess would be dust from the walnut shells.... the first time I used lizard litter walnut shells mine came out covered in reddish dust.... put them back in with two used dryer sheets cut in thirds and they came out virtually dust free.

You definitely dont want your media soggy.... a "couple tablespoons" of mineral spirits is too much.... 1/3-1/2 a tablespoon is plenty.

Also, FYI, "golf grip solvent" is NOT just mineral spirits, as mineral spirits are flammable and toxic, while "golf grip solvent" is neither....
dacaur is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.04756 seconds with 7 queries