View Single Post
Old September 15, 2012, 06:12 PM   #103
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy
All these people want to be scared about courts and reloads, getting sued after shooting, help in aftermath of lega crap, etc, etc and etc. if you're so scared of everything maybe you should leave your guns at home and start carrying a fly swatter.
What drivel. I can dodge folly without backing into cowardice.

It's merely a question of being prepared. Folks here spend enormous amounts of time and energy trying to pick just the right gun, the right cartridge, the right holster, etc. Yet some some of those same people are reluctant to spend time learning to understand the legal issues and prepare for the possibility that they might have to fact the legal travail that will come if they every have to actually use that gun they spent some much time and effort to select.

Whether or not you want to bother learning about how the legal system works and whether there are things you can do to avoid unpleasant results if you happen to get involved with the legal system is entirely up to you. Of course, folks who carry or have guns for self defense probably are a little more likely than most other folks to come into contact with the legal system. But in any case, it won't be my problem.

I know that a number of my colleagues made a good deal of their money trying to sort out messes for folks who never worried about lawyers or courts -- messes, and legal expenses, that perhaps could have been avoided or minimized with a little care or attention. But at least that lack of care and attention helped enrich my colleagues.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04883 seconds with 7 queries