View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 01:44 AM   #14
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
I would rather have a bullet I prefer, and have to figure out how to crimp it; than have a bullet I don't really like, just because it's easy to crimp.
Interesting.
The reason I ask is because I was recently scolded for my lack of bullet sympathy when applying crimp to the same plated bullets only in 200gr weights.
At the time I had no idea what a heavy crimp and what an excessive crimp looked like!!
Members also criticised a choice of bullet where a cannelure was absent.

Quote:
Which Midway site do you order through, when you use them? Sweden, Norway, Finland, UK?
As yet, I've not ordered through any of them. If I were to, it woudl be Germany. Prices are "lower" but only in a comparative sense. SO far, everything I have wanted from Midway, I've found far cheaper elsewhere.

Bullets, though, a bit trickier: I just don't know where to look beyond local suppliers (most of whom don't stock .429 or .430 calibre anyway).

By far the easiest purchases, in terms of hassle, would be either the H&N 300gr plated you chose, or the PPU 240gr jacketed options. No mail/internet, just walk in, order.

Page generated in 0.04323 seconds with 7 queries