I have done this.
1. I've only used them in my unchoked 590A1.
2. They cause absolutely massive destruction.
3. I think they are more damaging than slugs, they absolutely blow 5 gallon buckets of water apart.
4. My grandpa used them in the depression because slugs were so expensive.
5. You should try it sometime.
Remington Nylon 66 .22LR - Squirrels Beware
Browning BAR Safari II .270 Win - Whitetails Beware
Sig Sauer P229 .40 S+W - Burglars Beware
Hi Standard Supermatic Citation .22LR - Tincans Beware