View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Creeper

Quote:
Wanted to ask since I am self-taught thus far with lots of good advice found on the forum. Creeper, I wasn't sure what to expect as I start shooting more quickly.
Thanks for the insight and I'll continue to use what works.
We all have different ways of achieving the same goals. I'm in my late 50s, and in admittedly terrible physical condition. Between dozens of motorcycle accidents, being run over by a truck, neuropathy and cancer... I'm lucky I can still walk, let alone run when the occasion demands it.
At my best, I was a top 20 finisher back in the 1970s SoCal combat matches I participated in, with only occasional forays into the top 10... so basically, I sucked on ice.

The concept of regular "practical practice" is the difference between being a human weapon, or a statistic... so no matter what works for you, you're still way ahead of anyone who thinks playing "Call of Duty" is a viable substitute for actual training.

Clint Smith used to say: "If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin, you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
He also said: "Every time I teach a class, I discover I don't know something."

C

Page generated in 0.04989 seconds with 7 queries