View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4
High Standard is a company that's been around since the 30s and has gone through numerous owners... [Hi-Point has] a lifetime transferable warranty...
FWIW I have never personally dealt with the latest incarnation of High Standard, but I would assume that you won't get a comparable level of service for a "legacy" High Standard product that you would get for a new Hi-Point product (or S&W, Ruger, etc.)

Most major gunmakers, including Hi-Point, will service recently-manufactured and new-purchased products for free, and they'll often pay for shipping; the latter is potentially a Big Deal because it's more difficult and expensive to legally ship a handgun than you might assume if you haven't tried it. Although High Standard advertises that they will service legacy products from older incarnations of the company- which is unusual as gunmakers go- I can't imagine that they do it for free... or even for cheap. YMMV.*

*If anyone has recently tried to get factory service for an older High Standard and wants to share their story, feel free to enlighten me.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules... MARK IT ZERO!!" - Walter Sobchak
Page generated in 0.04063 seconds with 7 queries