View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 02:04 PM   #33
L_Killkenny

Quote:
I guess you missed the "major" before caliber .... and I would not rely on either of those to take down an elk out to 300, either.
No, I didn't miss the "major". You said "caliber" and for all practical purposes the 7.62 x 39 and the .308 are the same "caliber".

Quote:
but you can't argue that Ruger's GSR comes pretty close to meeting Cooper's requirements,
You're right on that one. But..............

Quote:
or that if you had to have one gun to do it all in the lower 48, that would be the closest to it, in a production rifle.
I can argue this all day long. A scout rifle is so far down my list of "the one" guns to not even register. I built my "one rifle", a 18.5" Savage 110, and it will do anything I need a rifle to do better than the scout. Weighs less, looks better, handier, etc etc. Heck, even a pig like the AR10 is a better all around gun. So much better that we can almost forgive it's weight.

Tell us one thing a GSR can do better except for faster reloads (a non issue with a bolt action) than something like a Remington M7 or a Hawkeye Compact?

Last edited by L_Killkenny; September 4, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.04653 seconds with 7 queries