View Single Post
Old September 1, 2012, 05:33 PM   #84
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Yes they do, but they do NOT have a carbide post-sizing ring in them. If you want to be specific, then include ALL the features of a FCD.
You did not say anything about the post-sizing ring in your original post. If you want to talk about carbide sizing rings, you must be specific. We can't read your mind.

The statement was about dedicated crimp dies. The information provided was correct in that regard.

Quote:
I bought a 4 die 44 mag lee die set. It, of course, had a FCD. I made some jacketed ammo that I wanted a good heavy crimp on. The lee FCD taper crimp did not do a good heavy crimp. It's SUPPOSED to do a roll crimp. After reading about the Redding profile crimp die, I ordered one. WOW! It works superb! I'm really considering getting one for everything I load, handgun that is.
So, one of those "features" of the FCD wasn't as advertised, and you had to go to an 'inferior' die without the oh-so-important post-sizing ring.
I thought you were arguing that the FCD is the greatest thing since sliced bread, from the greatest reloading tool manufacturer in the world?

Page generated in 0.04139 seconds with 7 queries