View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 12:44 PM   #85
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob86
...I fail to se how this is "Civil Disobedience"...
It's probably not. But some folks insist on bringing in Rosa Parks and trying to draw parallels to the Civil Rights Movement. That is fallacious on several levels, as I, and others, have pointed out.

Quote:
...Don't OC because the public is not used to that and will call the police, and you (and us, by association) will look bad....
Not many, though. Most seem to be drawing the proper distinction between carrying a gun openly because it's legal and convenient way for you to carry a gun for protection and carrying a gun openly to try to make a political statement.

Quote:
...How do you suppose the public will get used to OC?...
Beats me. But it's not necessarily by rubbing someone's nose in it.

The problem is that many simply assume that carrying a gun openly will help acclimate the public to people carrying guns openly. But no one I've seen have ever come up with any evidence that's the case.

n the real world, when commercial enterprises want to influence public opinion, they don't guess. They first test possible strategies with surveys and focus groups.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 7 queries