View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 12:01 PM   #9
jmr40

They are all a waste of money. With a bolt rifle, set the rifle on a rest and line up the crosshairs with a target at 50 yards. Look through the bore and note how much you are off, and in which direction. Adjust your scope and fire 1 shot. I zeroed 3 rifles and scopes Tuesday. These are the 1st shots from each rifle at 50 yards using this method.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=001-10.jpg

Trust me, none of the boresight tools are this accurate, and the ones with lasers are the least accurate.

I adjust my sights and fire the 2nd shot at 100 yards. Adjust again and shot #3 will be perfectly zeroed. I don't waste time or ammo with 3 shot groups until after I use 3 shots to zero.

If you cannot see through the barrel, just use a large sheet of poster board for a target, they are 28 cents each at Walmart. It is impossible to miss. Even if the 1st shot is a foot or more off all you have to do is measure the distance and count the number of clicks before making your 2nd shot.

I've never needed more than 4 shots to get zeroed and can do it with 3 with a bolt rifle. I can't see on of these gadgets ever saving me a single round of ammo.

Page generated in 0.04286 seconds with 7 queries