View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 09:55 AM   #64
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pincus
Those of you who seem to think there is some equality between Civie OC and LE OC are playing right into the ego wannabe role.
I do not carry openly, and have only rarely carried concealed. I noted that OC does desensitise people to it as demonstrated by OC by POs, about whom people complain for OC rarely, if ever.

What ego wannabe role would that be?

Quote:
When your job is to turn on the flashy lights and head towards the bang-bang sounds you are in a different category.
Indeed, that puts you into a category of people even more responsible for observing peoples' rights.

Quote:
And, as often happens in this discussion, many of you have strayed from the issue of the confrontational OCers to the issue of the greater right of OC. I'm all for the latter, the former need to grow up and stop making us look bad.
I do not agree with the sentiment that POs should not respond to complaints; taking a look to see if there is really something to complain about is part of the work.

No one can create a confrontation single handedly by virtue of legal OC unless a PO makes it one. It takes two to make a confrontation. That's the lesson of the video of the well handled stop.

Page generated in 0.04068 seconds with 7 queries