View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 07:12 PM   #50
Rob Pincus

1.The Rosa Parks comparison is a Non-Starter. These so called "activists" are doing something legal is a jack-ass-ist way just to get attention. If Rosa Parks had sat in the back of the bus and started Hooting and Hollering about how she was doing it, she just have gotten kicked off the bus for being a whacko. When the "activists" start OCing in Times Square or on the Capitol Mall, they can start referencing Rosa Parks.

Quote:
Now. I can tell you for a FACT that California's anti-gunners soon after that first tried to pass an open-carry ban in 2004-2005 timeframe when I was still a California lobbyist for CCRKBA - and BEFORE there were any open-unload-carry protests in California. How do I know? Well not only did I fight those early bills, Irwin Nowick personally told me that they feared Ohio-style protests. First and only time I've ever felt the least bit tempted to strangle somebody on the other side.

So...if you point to our guys in California being in the wrong without knowing the whole story, then sorry, I know you're speaking from ignorance. Worse, you ignore the Ohio experience which is both recent history and an important turning point...if you don't know about than then you're not as serious an activist in this issue as you make out.
Looks like you just made my point... before the OC Activism, the politicians were NOT able to get OC outlawed in CA.

What about MS ? My understanding is that the AG's office specifically closed the door on OC because of the question caused by Activism earlier this year.

I will admit ignorance on the OH issue, but your reference to it doesn't seem to counter my point about the confrontational side of OC being bad for us. You're talking about organized rallies in support of changing law. What law are these jerks trying to change by goading police into confrontation. Apples & Oranges.

I'm an activist for the positive image of gun owners in the public.

-RJP

Page generated in 0.04745 seconds with 7 queries