Thread: Heads Butting
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 12:53 PM   #40
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hogfan83
I'll try to remember some of our last discussions on cc. . . .
Fair enough. As an OMG (Old Married Guy) with 17 years of marriage under my belt, I'm going to play "What would Spats say?" (Most of this is tongue-in-cheek, and shamelessly stolen from other posters, though.)

Quote:
Carrying a gun is like driving a huge truck, making up for something peoples are short of in other departments, she states I don't need one on that premise.
Yes, I am "making up for some shortcomings." Here is a list of the shortcomings for which I am compensating:
1) I'm compensating for the fact that I'm no match for a couple of jacked-up methheads who want to do us harm.
2) I'm compensating for the fact that I've never been trained as a black belt in any of the martial arts.
3) I'm compensating for the fact that jacked-up methheads who want to do us harm often try to do so with weapons of their own.
4) I'm compensating for the fact that I cannot throw a bullet fast enough to stop an attacker.

Yes, big trucks and guns can both do a body a lot of harm. Both are also susceptible to safe handling, though.

Quote:
she's a teacher and it won't look good to be seen with a person who carries, don't comment, I tried and tried to explain the concept of CONCEALED carry.
Concealed means concealed. I'm not going to tell your friends. Are you?

Quote:
We have a child, im scared for her life. She's two! She won't know.
Yes, we have a child. I'm scared for her life, too. Her life and your life are important enough for me to want to protect them, by any means available to me under the law.

Quote:
My personal favorite, im a teacher, I don't people knowing about all of these guns. I'm the one filling out all the back ground checks! You don't own a single gun! . . . .
See concealed means concealed.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 7 queries