View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 03:27 PM   #24
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaskalKing
I think there's so much of a "protect the nest" mindset among most of us that we feel absolutely compelled to act. Maybe it's the male ego talking, I don't know. It's not at all a bad thing, I just think we need to really consider these situations.

It reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld bit where he talks about how us guys view ourselves as sort of low-level superheroes- It's pretty entertaining. I'm being facetious of course, but the principle still rings true....
That is, however, a lousy reason to make a grievous tactical error possibly jeopardizing your safety and the safety of your family.

Solo house clearing, unless to try to round up unaccounted for family members or some other compelling reason, is not necessarily "protect the nest." It's more likely putting yourself in tactically disadvantaged situation.

The topic has been discussed here quite a bit, and those who have had some serious training in house clearing and/or Force-on-Force training are disinclined to do it except when absolutely necessary, such as in the case of an unaccounted for family member.

In that regard, how much simulator or shoot house training have you had? Have you done much Force-on-Force training?
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04166 seconds with 7 queries