View Single Post
Old August 26, 2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Thanks again fellows.

So to repeat in my own words, to see if I'm learning something:
  • "Dovetail" is the term that describes the type of mount provided on the Marlin receiver.
  • Using a dovetail to Weaver adapter provides a more effective platform in that it is a more uniform base and allows the flexibility of various rings.
  • Using 1" dovetail rings is less expensive, but carries the risk of damaging the scope if the grooves are not straight. Also, it may shift with use (walking?).
  • Using something like the BKL-260 mounts is stable as bullet two, but just not as flexible.

Did I get this right?

I only paid $50 for the scope, so $30 is more in line with what I was hoping to spend on mounting. But if I did go with BKL unit, I'm confused by some of the terms used. That is "Turret Clearance" and how does it impact me?

Also, just to check: the OD of the objective barrel is 1.86", so with a 1" tube that would mean 0.43" of gap I would need between the bottom of the mount and the bottom of the ring. The BLK-260 says: Bottom of Mount to bottom of Scope Tube: 0.774”, so it looks like I'd have room to spare (especially since the dovetail sits about 0.15" above the barrel. Am I figuring this correctly? (I haven't looked yet at the spec's for the Accushot.)

Thanks again for walking me through this,
NRA Life Member
There are some ideas so preposterous that only an intellectual will believe them. - Malcolm Muggeridge
Page generated in 0.04656 seconds with 7 queries