View Single Post
Old August 23, 2012, 10:42 PM   #25
Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
Some parts my require minor fitting, but what I meant by "drop in" parts is that the gun itself wasn't irreversibly modified to work with the new parts that were added.

As far as finish goes, your gun is made from carbon steel and finished in satin nickle. It can't be re-finished in stainless, as stainless is actually a type of metal that is usually polished and then left without a finish, like your Gold Cup. Since it's carbon steel you have a lot of different finish options available, you just need to pick one that's appropriate for what you intend to use the gun for.
You rock. Thanks! So I intend to carry it. I even originally planned to leave it the way it is..finish wise. The only reason why I'd finish it is cause of the Technicolor when I swap out all the parts I mentioned.

Either I live with that, or why not..make it beautiful and carry it.

If that's the case, what finishes are good for carry on a 1911? My SIG I think is nitron? My SA is Cerakote. Which I don't like -.- I want a metal based finish. Not paint.

Any ideas?

SIG 1911 XO / SA 1911 custom / Colt Gold Cup / SIG P226 e2 / Browning High-power / Walther PPQ / Beretta PX4 Storm / G34 / G19 / G21 / G22 / Kahr CW9 / S&W M-19 / Hk USP 40 / Rem 870 / Rock R. AR-15

sent from my Android

Page generated in 0.04394 seconds with 7 queries