I don't know what your intended uses for the vise are, but I personally shy away from galvanized coatings on anything where I might be using a flame or a torch. I tend to use my torch a fair bit on parts in my vise, don't know what your intentions for the vise are.
In high enough concentrations, zinc fume poisoning isn't curable. If you get a bad enough exposure by breathing in burning zinc fumes, about all a doctor or hospital can do is make you comfortable as you die. Just a pleasant little tidbit to keep in mind...
You got a great vise, tho. The larger Wiltons are quite nearly indestructible.