View Single Post
Old August 15, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2545
Luger_carbine

Former Assistant Secretary of Defense of Mexico & generals indicted for drug smugglin

Quote:
Six high-ranking members of the Mexican army, including four generals, have been formally charged with collaborating with drug traffickers

http://www.insightcrime.org/insight-...ug-trafficking

You wonder how 26% of the weapons that the Mexican Army procured through the Direct Commercial Sales program wound up with the cartels... well now you now.

I haven't seen this story covered by any of the major U.S. news outlets (if someone else can find a story - then by all means prove me wrong), but I don't get how no one in the media can connect the dots back to our own State Department.

The traffiking obviously went on since F&F did move weapons, but I wonder if BATFE hadn't been making it so easy and in some cases even pushing it... I wonder how many guns would have actually moved to the cartels from legitimate gun dealerss.

Looking at the high level of cooperation between the cartels and the Army, I think its ludicrous to say that the cartles were arming themselves via straw purchases.

Page generated in 0.05177 seconds with 7 queries