View Single Post
Old August 15, 2012, 10:00 AM   #98
bikerbill

I have owned three Taurus revolvers, still have two ... the first gun I ever bought, which currently resides in my glovebox, is a steel 85 ... I've had it for about 20 years, have never had a problem ... also had a .22mag which was faultless, sold it a while back, wish I still had it ... my problem child was a 617 7-rd .357 snubbie ... the trigger was very gritty and it locked up after shooting two-three cylinders full ... rather than waste time shipping it back, I took it to a 'smith; the trigger is now glass-smooth ... he also opened up the cylinder-barrel gap, which was so tight that the heat from firing expanded the metal enough to lock the cylinder until it cooled ... for $85, I got an excellent gun which is accurate, smooth shooting and (now) problem-free ... I wish the gun had come to me from the factory in perfect condition, but for me the extra cost was worth it ... I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Taurus revolver; in fact, I'm looking to replace the .22 mag ... not sure I'd try one of their semi's; their quality control is for me just too iffy.

Oops, forgot my PT-25, also sold and missed ... it never had a problem ... just got tired of stocking yet another caliber, so let it go ... if they made one in .22 mag, I'd be first in line ...

Page generated in 0.04370 seconds with 7 queries