View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012, 07:32 AM   #68
fxdrider

A small side-point to all of this - my son has never verbally expressed to me his desire to release these rifles to his mother - neither by telephone, e-mail, face-to-face, smoke signal or otherwise. All I have is the word of his mother, which, in my experience isn't worth a nickle. (But I'm a bit biased.... )

So, if he really, really, reallllllllly wanted me to do this, you'd think he'd at least be on the phone discussing it. As such, it seems I don't have a trustworthy directive of what to do with them. So, in my safe they'll sit (excepting maybe the occasional trip to the range - you know...to make sure they're still functioning properly. )

Another small point, I happen to know that his mother's new husband has a gun that he keeps in the house, unsecured at that. Not faulting them for that - they do live out in the country and have no small children visiting. The PROBLEM is that my felon son visits the house on a daily basis, and they both (son and mother) know the law concerning his being in the presence of a firearm - that it is illegal. It doesn't seem to bother them in the least. That shouldn't surprise me, since blatant disregard for the law is kind-of what got him into this mess to begin with.

It is this disregard for the law that they both exhibit which gives me pause over placing weapons in their hands. If they(or he - same difference) pursue the matter in court, and the judge is wacky enough to order me to transfer the rifles to her - I'll request that I be allowed to hand them to an officer of the court/deputy/whatever - so long as I am not the one placing them in her hands. Her receipt of those guns, if it happens, will directly result in my son's re-incarceration. I just cannot bring myself to be a part of that.

Page generated in 0.05620 seconds with 7 queries