Thread: Browning
View Single Post
Old August 4, 2012, 05:39 PM   #9
BigJimP

a real Browning ...come on now Zippy ...my feelings are hurt....

Fixed choke guns ....value depends on what they're choked at ...and what you want it for. If its a Mod/Full .. its probably a $ 1,250 gun if its a Mod/Mod it might be $ 1,500 ...( 85% isn't a gun thats in great shape ) and it would be ok for Trap. It might be ok for sporting clays...but it won't be a good Skeet gun.

The biggest thing is does it fit you / so it hits where you look ...if not, you'll need some stock modifications ...

Since you're new to shotguns...I'd suggest you pass on it / until you know a lot more about what dimensions on a gun fit you ( length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel )....32" barrels might be a little too long for a general use gun ...not having changeable screw in chokes is a negative ... 2 3/4" chamber is ok ( but you cannot shoot 3" shells ) - but all of the target shells are 2 3/4".

Despite Zippy's crack - on my japanese made Brownings ( Miroku guns ) ..are good solid guns for the money / and Browning sells about 28 different models of the Citori line of guns ...that are better choices for most of us ...( I have a lot of them, in 12ga, 20ga, 28ga and .410 ) ...many with over 250,000 shells thru them with no issues. But I'd suggest some time at your local clays club...and some time in your local gun shops before you buy a shotgun / there is a lot involved in making sure you make a smart choice.

Page generated in 0.04485 seconds with 7 queries