View Single Post
Old August 1, 2012, 11:38 AM   #9
dogtown tom

Quote:
fxdrider ....I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he decides to sue me for them in civil court. I know the court won't grant him possession of them, but my fear is they will assert his ability to decide their disposition.
Doubtful that he would sue, and even more doubrful that the court would order you to turn over possession to a felon.

Quote:
NJgunowner ....Quite frankly, a call to his parole agent will solve this in about 2 seconds...
This.

Quote:
Willie Sutton ....If YOU posess the guns, they were TRANSFERRED to you, and YOU are the owner.
Nope. Possession and ownership are two distinctly different things....especially with regards to firearms.

Quote:
When he "left them with you" he essentially SOLD them to you, even if you did not realize it at the time.
Again, nope.

Quote:
YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THE GUNS. Not your son.
Once again, nope.
Your understanding of common law is terrible.

Quote:
If you facilitate the transfer of a firearm to a felon, then YOU are a felon too.
If you buy/sell/trade/give/etc a firearm to a felon it is a violation of Federal law. "Facilitation" is a not necessarily a crime: (ex. you ship the firearm to a licensed dealer in your sons state, you commit no Federal crime)

And, btw, you have to be convicted before you become a felon.

$20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Page generated in 0.04613 seconds with 7 queries